When it comes to compliance with wage and hour regulations, the stakes have never been higher. According to the Department of Labor (DOL), 80% of businesses are out of compliance with their pay practices, and the Society of Human Resource Management reports that the average settlement on a wage and hour class action suit is $4.6 million.
If your current time and attendance process isn’t providing you with the consistent application and enforcement of federal and local guidelines, work with us to regain confidence in your compliance.
Get Started to Minimize Risks & Reduce Compliance-Related Costs
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and DOL
An automated time and attendance system that can accommodate your rules will ensure your employees are treated fairly and keep you in compliance. Time and attendance has been Advanced Time’s sole focus since 1989, so we have the knowledge and experience to help you minimize risk.
Leveraging Attendance on Demand™ compliance solutions we can help you:
- Automate overtime calculations (including blended-rate overtime)
- Give employees access to their time cards
- Automate punch rounding
- Implement punch restrictions (e.g. disallow early punching)
Affordable Care Act
Attendance on Demand™ has one of the easiest and most intuitive Affordable Care Act products on the market: Visual ACA (link to Visual ACA article). Save time and reduce costs by:
- Managing employee status determination
- Automating service hours calculations
- Tracking new and seasonal employees
- Receiving alerts when employees are approaching a full-time status
- Reporting and filing of 1094-C and 1095-C with no hassle
Payroll-Based Journal (PBJ) Reporting Solutions
Under the Affordable Care Act, long-term care facilities are required to report staffing and census information quarterly through the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Advanced Time can help you improve the accuracy of this reporting, reducing your risk of noncompliance. We provide:
- Calendar day (midnight-to-midnight) tracking without changing your time cards or company reporting
- The data required for CMS in one system
- Seamless upload of hours to CMS.gov site in the required format
The task of implementing a new time and attendance system can seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be! Here are a few tips on how to seamlessly and successfully implement a new time and attendance system at your company.
Unauthorized overtime is a problem many organizations face that needlessly inflates labor costs if not addressed. Employers attempting to reel in these runaway costs may decide not to pay overtime unless it’s pre-authorized by management. They may create and implement…
With all the advancement in business technology, a surprising number of organizations are still relying on inefficient approaches to managing employee time. Whether it is a manual punch clock, a sign-in sheet, the honor system, or old software, these outdated approaches remain commonplace…